Kelsey T. Pierce
- University of Oklahoma, B.B.A. 2006
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D. 2009
Admitted To Practice
- Oklahoma 2009
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Real Estate and Business and Corporate Law Sections
- Tulsa County Bar Association, Corporate Section
- Tulsa Law Review
- President of Oklahoma Hemophilia Foundation - 2016-2018
- Leadership Tulsa - Class 51
- Tulsa’s New Leaders, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2012
- Letseizer Award, Bronze Medalist, 2006
- Business Organizations
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Transition and Succession Planning
- Commercial Transactions
- Real Estate Transactions and Leases
- Zoning and Land Use
- Franchise Law
- Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Intellectual Property Law
- Eminent Domain Litigation
- Quiet Title Actions
- Business Succession
- Trust Administration
- Native American Law
I was born and raised in Duncan, Oklahoma. My mother, a life-long educator, always encouraged me to pursue an undergraduate degree and a post-graduate degree, and set the bar for our family when she obtained several degrees, including a Doctorate of Education. When it came time to pick which college to attend, there was no doubt in my mind that I would go to the University of Oklahoma after spending Saturdays in the fall during my childhood cheering on the Sooners at Owen Field.
After college, I attended law school at the University of Tulsa where I met my wife, Lauren, and we’ve been together ever since. It was also during this time I decided that I wanted to practice in the areas of real estate and business law and began my employment with Barber & Bartz as a law clerk. I have been at this Firm since that time and became a Shareholder in 2015.
Growing up, my dad, a former owner of an independent chain of pharmacies in Duncan, provided me with hands-on experience in learning how to operate a business, whether it was stocking shelves, preparing for a big sale, delivering prescriptions or sweeping the floors. More than anything, my dad taught me how to work hard and help customers. Today, I enjoy helping business owners, entrepreneurs, real estate developers, investors, trusts and other individuals and entities with all types of legal matters and issues.
Lauren and I welcomed our son in May 2020 and are now a family of three. In my free time, I enjoy playing basketball and golf, watching almost any sport in person or on TV and traveling with Lauren. I also enjoy volunteering and serving not-for-profit organizations and just finished my term as President and Chairman of the Board of the Oklahoma Hemophilia Foundation.