- University of Oklahoma, B.A. 1981
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D. 1986
Admitted To Practice
- Oklahoma 1986
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma 1986
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma 1987
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit 1987
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma 1994
- United States Court of Federal Claims 2008
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Barrister, Hudson, Hall, Wheaton Chapter of the American Inns of Court, 1995 - 1998
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review since 1996
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers for Civil Trial Practice
- Super Lawyers
- Oklahoma’s Top Rated Lawyers
- Tulsa’s Top Lawyers
- Completed Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution Professional Skills Program on Congregational Peacemaking: Managing Conflict and Congregational Change
- Adjunct Settlement Judge - U.S. Federal Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- Past Chairman of the Board of Directors for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Oklahoma Chapter
- Leadership Award, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Oklahoma Chapter, 2000
I was raised in southwest Oklahoma in the farming community of Apache, a place where family where faith, hard work, simplicity, honesty and fundamental fairness were a way of life. I hope my professional life reflects those values.
I have spent the last 31 years of my life involved as an advocate for those on one side of a conflict or another. I have also served as a neutral party or mediator for 18 years and have conducted or represented parties in over 100 mediations. I am dedicated to helping people through lawsuits, where that is the only way. And, where the opportunity exists, before a lawsuit is commenced, I desire to do more than help bring individual conflicts to an end. I also want to contribute to a process of permanent healing in relationships of all kinds.
In my personal time, I am an avid musician and reader. I also enjoy cycling, travel, and, especially, spending time with my family.
Currently, I am a member of the Legal Aid of Oklahoma Tulsa Fundraising Committee and the Worship Team at The Church at Downtown, Tulsa. I have also served on the boards of The National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Oklahoma Chapter, Jenks Trojan Football Booster Club, and as Co-Chair and Honorary Co-Chair of the Thomas Gilcrease Museum Association Stampede Fund-Raising Event and consulted with other non-profit entities regarding fundraising and governance.