- University of Tulsa, B.S. 1977
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D. 1980
Admitted To Practice
- Oklahoma 1980
- United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma 1980
- United States Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit 1994
- United States District Court of Colorado 1999
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California 2009
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Litigation, Real Estate and Family Law Sections
- Tulsa County Bar Association, Litigation, Real Estate and Family Law Sections
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Super Lawyers
- Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America
- 2015-2016 Nationally Ranked Top Ten Attorney Award (NAFLA)
- General Civil Litigation
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Complex Business Litigation & Arbitration
- Employment Law Litigation
- Non-Competition and Non-Solicitation Covenants
- Construction Litigation
- Manufacturing Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Title Insurance Defense
- Quiet Title Actions
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- Trademark Litigation
- Securities Litigation & Arbitration
- High Net Worth Divorces
Robert J. Bartz is a senior shareholder of Barber & Bartz. He served as an Assistant District Attorney from 1981 to 1984.
Mr. Bartz oversees the litigation division of the law firm. His primary legal practice focuses on complex commercial litigation. He has tried federal court cases from California to Connecticut. He has been involved in numerous lawsuits relating to commercial litigation, real estate and construction litigation, trademark infringement, and employment litigation. He was involved in the trial of an 18 billion dollar divorce case involving a publicly traded company which is considered the second largest divorce case in U.S. history.
Mr. Bartz is a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellows are selected upon effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation and superior ethical reputation. He was also recognized as one of America’s High Stakes Litigators in 2018.
Bob was born and raised on the south side of Chicago. He played linebacker at the University of Tulsa from 1973 to 1976 and had the privilege of playing with a number of exceptional teammates that went on to make a substantial impact in professional football and college coaching: Pro Football Hall of Fame member Steve Largent; former Head Coach for the Chicago Bears and Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Lovie Smith and former University of Tulsa Football Coaches David Rader and Bill Blankenship…just to name a few. He was awarded the University of Tulsa President’s Award for leadership on the field.
He and his wife Cindy, (Oklahoma State University)have been married for 42 years. They have two daughters and six grandchildren.
The main focus of his activities outside of the practice of law has been devoted to church and ministry activities. He has served on the Board of Directors of a number of ministries.