- University of Tulsa, B.A. 2002
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D. 2006
Admitted To Practice
- Oklahoma 2006
- United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Oklahoma 2006
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Appeals, Family Law and Estate Planning Sections
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Civil Procedure Evidence Code Committee
- Tulsa County Bar Association, Estate Planning & Probate Section
- Hudson Hall Wheaton Inn of the American Inns of Court
- Estes v. ConocoPhillips Company, 2009 WL 152541 (N.D. Okla. 2009),
- Miller v. Johnson, 2013 OK CIV APP 59, 307 P.3d 387
- Matter of Hamm (Zuckerman), 2014 NY Slip Op 32249(U)
I am a fourth generation Tulsan. I met my wife, Rita, while we were both students at Booker T. Washington High School in the speech and debate program. As a result of that experience in debate, as well as the influence of my mother (also an attorney), it was inevitable that I would go to law school. Tulsa is a special place for my family and I decided to stay here instead of offers to leave the state for other law schools.
Away from work, I enjoy spending time with my family and our daughter, traveling, running, and following TU basketball. I have traveled around the world and enjoy the opportunities and experiences that come with that. My favorite place to visit is my family’s cabin in New Mexico.
I enjoy the strategy of law and I enjoy helping people solve their problems. I use my experiences to develop creative arguments to resolve legal disputes. I have significant experience in trust, estate, and guardianships issues – both in their administration as well as litigation on those issues – and have obtained favorable outcomes for my clients in some difficult and complex cases.